10 Weird Things About Lauren @ The Book Slayer
I think Lauren has changed the name of her blog more than any blogger I know (2 or 3 times I think, though it could just be me!), but she is so sweet and such an awesome book blogger/reviewer that I have to let her slide! And she also seems to get more blog comments than most bloggers I know, too, so she has to be doing something right. ;-)
And I totally love her #8 weird thing!
So, here is one of my favorite book bloggers listing 10 Weird Things about herself:
1. I tend to eat certain foods in certain ways… For instance, I’ll make a cheeseburger, put lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, mayo, ketchup etc. on it. Make the burger look big, nice and tasty. Then instead of taking a bite of the whole thing I’ll eat the toppings one by one. First I’ll eat the bread, then the veggies, the bottom of the bun and finally the hamburger.
2. When I was maybe 9 or 10, I first discovered “Buffy”. I was so obsessed with that show when I was younger that I used to go around gluing Popsicle sticks to make crosses and rubbing tree branches on concrete to sharpen them into stakes. I also remember begging my mom to get me a vial of holy water (which she did).
3. For about the last 5 years or so, for some reason I cannot sleep without something covering my eyes. If I’m at home I use a goose feather pillow, elsewhere I use a shirt or something equally accessible. If I don’t my eyes start spazzing.
4. My favorite movie which has been the same since I was 6 is Labyrinth. When I was younger I named two cats and one hamster, Sara. *one of the cats and the hamster were boys* LOL
5. I’ve also lost track of how many times I’ve watched Labyrinth. I’ve gone through one VHS and DVD thus far. By this point I can pretty much recite all the lines.
6. I HATE needles, especially when they are used to draw blood. Unless I am deathly ill I refuse to get blood drawn. It doesn’t matter necessarily if it’s me or someone else. If I see it; I faint.
7. I have a very eclectic taste in music. If you were to play my iPod on shuffle it’d probably go something like – Florence + Machine, Rob Zombie, Meatloaf, Alice Cooper, Mamma Mia, The Little Mermaid, Beyonce, Journey, The Supremes. I like songs in pretty much any genre except Country and Rap.
8. I’m a huge 80’s fan. I’m always saying that the 80’s were “the best years of my life I never got to have” I was born in June of 1990. I listen to A LOT of Pat Benatar, Meatloaf, Cindi Lauper, Journey, Foreigner, etc. and some of my all time favorite movies are, The Goonies, Lost Boys, Pretty in Pink, Ghostbusters, etc.
9. Instead of maple syrup, I love putting peanut butter on my waffles.
10. When I was 11, the one time I didn’t look both ways before crossing a somewhat dead street I almost got hit by a car. I was next to a building that blocked my view of the street from the right and therefore didn’t see the car coming. Needless to say LESSON LEARNT.
Check out Lauren!