Liz Ziolkowski isn’t an author or a photographer or the official spokeswoman for the publishing industry, but she’s JUST AS IMPORTANT! Liz is a book blogger and reviewer; y’know, one of those often talked about people who are making the literary world go ’round these days? Yep. Book reviewers are IM.POR.TANT! And Liz just happens to be one of my favorite ones. Not because she liked my work, but because she’s friendly, outgoing, blogs and reviews consistently and really seems to put her heart into it.
And she’s also weird. Yup. I mean, if she wasn’t then I wouldn’t have any need to feature her on this segment of 10 Weird Things.
So, here’s Liz listing 10 weird things about herself.
1) I love Ranch dressing on my hotdogs. It is delicious, but any time someone new finds out they look at me like I just said I eat worms. But you should try it.
2) I won’t drink plain tap water. I worry about the pipes it goes through to get to me. But I have no problem cooking with it, bathing in it (thankfully!) or drinking juice or Kool-Aid made from it.
3) I am so afraid of spiders that I can’t even watch the movie Arachnophobia. If one gets in my house I vacuum it from as far as I can, after I spray it. Then I vacuum up whatever else I can to pelt it to death in the vacuum. Logically I know that it doesn’t kill it (OK, maybe the spray does) but it makes me feel better. I’ve had to skip garbage day because there was a spider over my garage door, and I’ve had to have my dad come to my house to get them away from my door. He wasn’t happy. At all. (somehow my daughter LOVES all bugs and plays with them constantly, I’m sure she is an alien)
4) I’m mildly OCD. I’ve driven 20 miles back home (from on my way to work) to check on the stove – which I hadn’t turned on in days. I’m always sure I’ve left a stove on, or a candle burning. This is why I don’t use irons or curling irons, I only use candles now at night time and I haven’t figured out a way to not worry about the stove.
5) I used to be pretty smart. I had a 4.0 GPA in some college computer programming courses. I don’t remember anything about it – other than I hate programming.
6) I won’t let you cut into traffic if I don’t like you or your car.
7) I love winter. When I am alone in the car I drive with the windows all down at least partially, and sometimes the sun roof open. The cold, fresh air is invigorating.
8) I love to color (if you are my Facebook friend you know this as I often post up pictures I feel are especially good)
9) I hate shopping. Nearly all shopping. It doesn’t matter if it is for clothes or food, or even shoes. I do make exceptions for Target.
10) My dream vacation would be to drive across the US to see things like “The Biggest Ball of Twine” and “The Largest Frying Pan”.