Artist Tour: Michelle Monique – ’10 Weird Things’
First off, I have to give credit to T.K. Knox for coming up with the idea to do a tour for a cover artist, which is something I’ve not seen done over here in our literary neck of the woods – awesome idea! When T.K. contacted me about being a part of the Artist Tour for Michelle Monique, there was no way I could pass it up, especially since Michelle was the artist for my Darkwoods Trilogy covers! And because, quite frankly, she kicks serious ass at this stuff and I think she needs more exposure among authors.
So without further adieu, here is Michelle Monique listing 10 Weird Things about herself, which doesn’t include the fact that she can even make poop pretty!
1) I’m ADDICTED to cheese. I probably eat 2-3 cups of cheddar a day. The recommended amount is 1/4 cup.
2) I have a fascination with villains. I have posters of them all over my room – only some are fictional. I’m pretty sure I’ve scared some people away once they see my room :(
3) I am fumiphobic. That means I am deathly afraid of smoke and avoid people who smoke at any cost. For as long as I can remember I will hold my breath as long as I can if I pass someone who is smoking. Even as a child I would refuse to go into a casino because the smell repulsed me so much. If someone close to me smokes I either get extremely angry or I breakdown. My hands get sweaty and shake and my blood pressure soars just thinking about it.
4) I have had 8 animals throughout my childhood and I don’t live on a farm. I’ve had a dog, 2 cats, bird, fish, and 3 hamsters. And yes, the cat got along perfectly well with the bird, fish, and hamsters :)
5) I am vegetarian.
6) I’m obsessed with painting my nails and painting anything small and detailed. I paint them 1-2 times a day even if they’re not chipped.
7) I’m partially Synesthetic. I see some numbers and days of the week in color instead of just in black. When I was a child I used to ask people if they saw it the same way I did and everyone thought I was crazy but I recently found out it’s a real perceptual condition.
8) I still own a flip phone. I haven’t really found a need to upgrade to a smartphone yet. I get a lot of weird looks when people see me texting on it.
9) I have a nightmare before each photoshoot that goes into detail of every possible thing that could go wrong. It’s really stressful, but it allows me to avoid any mistakes and to prepare well for the photoshoot.
10) I have over 50 bottles of perfume.
If you’re an author and you’re looking for a professional, awesome, affordable cover artist for your book cover, check Michelle out. Having already worked with her, I can vouch for her 100%! And if you want to know about what I think of her services and the quality of her talent and what she can do for you, see this post!
22: Raschel’s Reads: Interview
24: Andrea Heltsley Books: Promo/Interview
25: Jessy’s Bookends: Art show/Interview
26: Jessica Redmerski: ’10 Weird Things’
27: TK Knox: Interview
28: The Crazy Dream Blog: ___
29: The Wormhole: Artwork Feature/Bio
30: Book Loving Mom: ___
31: Inna’s Little Bookshelves: Art Feature
2: Kassondra Leigh: Musical Inspirations
3: Urban Fantasy Investigations: Teenage Garage Sale